The Society for the Neurobiology of Language supports studies of the anatomic and physiologic basis for language. Members in the Society use a wide variety of techniques to understand each aspect of language. Society members are entitled to registration discounts for the annual conference, access to the membership list for posting positions, the Society newsletter, travel scholarships for students, and significantly reduced article processing charges for submissions to the Neurobiology of Language.
Currently, there are close to 1,000 SNL members, representing a wide range of language research areas. 50% of our members come from outside the United States, representing more than 25 countries.
Membership in the Society for the Neurobiology of Language is on a calendar-year basis. Dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Register for the Annual Meeting at reduced rates.
- Eligible to submit abstracts as First Author and present research at the Annual Meeting.
- Eligible to submit competitively-reviewed symposia.
- Significantly reduced article processing charges for submissions to the Neurobiology of Language.
- Nominate and vote for SNL officers.
- Apply for travel and other awards.
- Access to the SNL Newsletter, including free advertising for job postings and announcements.
In an effort to increase accessibility, equity and diversity in SNL, the Society is offering prospective members a reduced membership rate. If you meet one of the following criteria, then you can apply for a membership discount that reduces your membership dues to the Student rate. Students are already getting the lowest rate, and therefore are not eligible for a discount.
Membership Discount Criteria
- You reside in a Zone B country as defined below.
- You are in an Underrepresented Group as defined by the NIH.
- You are experiencing a Financial Hardship (requires Board approval).
- You have a Disability.
You can apply for a membership discount at the time you join SNL or renew your prior membership. Zone B Country discount will be automatically applied based on the residence in your account profile. All other discounts must be requested at the time you join or renew. Applying for a Financial Hardship discount requires that you submit a description of your hardship for review by the SNL Board.
|Membership Type||Standard Rate||Discounted Rate|
Zone A Countries
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea (Republic of Korea), Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
Zone B Countries
All countries not in the Zone A country list.